Nowadays, more and more people are becoming more health conscious. Not as many individuals are willing to take prescription medication to treat the pain and health conditions. Gout natural solutions are becoming the latest craze in keeping the symptoms and discomfort of gout.
Here are a few of the natural treatments many people with gout have found to work with subsiding the pain and even avoiding bouts altogether.
1. The first is to drink plenty of water. Water assists in cleansing your system and ridding it of the toxins that can build up and deposit on your joints leading to a bout attack. The rule of thumb is to drink between 10-12 8 ounce glasses of water every day. This also ensures your body is properly hydrated at all times.
2. If you are suffering from an attack of gout and need immediate relief you can use an ice pack. As long as you can handle the pain from having the ice pack on you, you should leave the ice on the area for about 2 minutes or so. then you can take it off and either switch to hot compress or wait about a minute and place the ice back on. You can continue doing this until the pain subsides.
3. Some people find that a hot or warm wrap works wonders for eliminating the pain during an attack with gout. For this you can use a heating pad and wrap it around the area that is in pain. Leave it for up to five minutes. After the five minutes you should take it off and wait about 5-10 minutes and repeat as long as needed.
4. Diet modifiers are vital in limiting the severity of the gout attacks as well as limiting the frequency of the attacks. This is a natural remedy that has to be done for the reminder of your life. You will need to avoid purine rich foods. Here is a brief list of what you can and can not eat. for a more detailed list you should speak with your medical care provider.
– fruit juice
– some veggies
– Cereals (no whole wheat)
– discharged legumes
5. Cherries are loaded with vitamin C and prove to be quite the tasty natural remedy for treating gout pain. Drinking cherry juice or eating cherries every day seems to be a great way to rid the pain as well as avoid flare ups with gout. during an attack you can drink a glass of cherry juice and the pain seems to almost immediately disappear.
Gout natural solutions are not a guarantee that your pain will go away. Every person reacts differently to natural treatments as well as prescription methods. What works for you might not work for the next person and what worked for them might not work for you.